Department of Pathology
Pathology is one of the most vibrant and lively department of SSSMC&RI. The department is engaged in diagnostic work that caters primarily to SSSMCRI.The department offers comprehensive services in Histopathology, Cytology, Immunohistochemistry, Clinical pathology and Hematology. The department is headed by an enthusiastic pathologist and comprises of a team of both young and experienced faculty which are actively involved in diagnostic work, research, curriculum development, undergraduate, postgraduate and allied health students teaching. Our main focus is to inspire the students to come into the society as good health professionals.
To be a leader in Pathology education and research while providing the highest quality of diagnostic services.
- Innovative teaching to prepare future leaders in pathology
- Produce high impact research to expand our basic understanding of health and disease
- To provide timely and highest quality diagnostic service to our patients.
- To provide the best student experience through innovative educational programmes for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- To provide efficient and high-quality diagnostic pathology services for optimal patient outcome.
- To provide excellent Blood Transfusion service for better Patient health care.
- To foster Scientific Research by encouraging interdisciplinary collaboration.
- To achieve NABL accreditation for laboratory services
- To develop ancillary techniques like immunohistochemistry, for improving diagnostic ability and enhancing the quality of research