RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Patients Rights and Responsibilities
- Right to be treated with respect and recognition of personal dignity irrespective of cultural, spiritual or religious beliefs.
- Right to request any information about your condition.
- Right to ask for and obtain copies of records pertaining to your medical care in the hospital. (You may need to pay copying fee, fill the approval form and get it signed by the hospital).
- Right to ask for a second opinion or consult with any doctor or doctors in our panel without prejudice and interference.
- Right to be informed about the relief of pain which is an important part of care and to receive information about options to reduce, control and relieve pain.
- Right to refuse treatment. (However, this decision will have to be taken by you at your own risk).
- Right to complain against your treatment plan, Doctors, Hospital or any other health care personnel to the Nurse in Charge, RMO, DMS, MS, or AD.
- Right to ask for information and clarify doubts about the particulars of your bill. You will be provided with a statement on a scheduled basis which will detail the hospital charges as they occur. These may not include the Doctor’s fees.
- Right to privacy and confidentiality.
- Right to personal safety and security.
- Right to know the identity of individuals providing service to you.
- Responsibility for providing accurate and complete information about medical problems, past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications, pain and other matters relating to their health.
- Responsibility for following the treatment plan recommended by those responsible for their care.
- Responsibility for their actions if they refuse treatment or do not follow the health care team’s instructions.
- Responsibility for seeing that their bills are paid as promptly as possible and following hospital rules and regulations.