The core services, as exemplified by the broad specialties in Medicine and Surgery serve patients from a wide catchment area. Each year, Shri Sathya Sai Medical College & Research Institute treats more than five lakhs adult and children – an endeavor ably affected, thanks to the highly qualified, motivated and dedicated professionals, motivated team of physicians, surgeons, nurses, assistants, and fully equipped well maintained departments.
- The out-patient services on an average handle approximately 1800 number of patients
- Housing 890 in-patient beds, the general wards are spacious, adequately ventilated, clean and illuminated. The occupancy rate is presently at about 85%.
- The hospital provides casualty and emergency medical services round the clock, ably supported by fully-equipped ambulance services.
- A 24-hour blood bank is in a state of readiness and alert and is certainly poised to develop into a full-fledged department of transfusion medicine.
- Several minor and major surgical procedures are performed in a number of state-of-the-art operation theatres. Closed-circuit televisions (CCTVs) are installed at vantage points for medical students to view many an operative procedure from outside the operation theatres.
- Our intensive care units are equipped with essential critical care equipments and cater to the special needs of critically ill patients.
- Lab, spiral CT, MRI, fully automated random access blood chemistry analyzer, automated chemiluminescence analyzer, computerized RCG, and a flexible fibreoptic bronchoscopy unit. A Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS) further augments the services offered at the Radiology department.
- Haemodialysis, neonatal ventilators, PUVA photochemotherapy, biofeedback, and sinus endoscopy procedures are part of the therapeutic armamentarium.
Our core medical services are backed by able, streamlined and efficient auxiliary services. The Hospital Information System (HIS) provides solutions in order to provide reliable, rapid and accountable management of day to day endeavors. The Medical Records Department is fully computerized, fast, resourceful and competent. The Pharmacy centers at SSSMC&RI are well-stocked thereby ensuring that the patients procure the prescribed medications essentially within the campus at rates that are highly competitive and subsidized, in comparison to that offered at external pharmacies and drug stores. Our sophisticated Central Sterile Supplies Department (CSSD) caters to the sterilization needs of the entire hospital. The central kitchen maintains a high standard of hygiene and functions under the direct supervision of an experienced dietician. Other ancillary services include laundry and central gas station. A highly capable housekeeping team supervises the facilities related to the sanitation and general upkeep. The hospital has an advanced waste management system in place, which includes an incineration plant and a modern, state-of-the-art sewage treatment plant to handle bio-medical and other wastes in an eco-friendly, compatible and safe manner. Under the table guidance of the Department of Community Medicine, our medical students are educated comprehensively to take healthcare to the masses, through well planned and need to be based, quality-oriented outreach programs.
Our well-rounded approach
Our full-fledged Hospital provides vast and varied clinical and study materials to our discerning students in order to foster exposure and provide suitable academic training along with in-depth knowledge and acumen for aiding in practical professional development. At SSSMC&RI, a strong emphasis has been laid on the implementation of the undergraduate medical curriculum involving bed-side clinical training. Early Clinical exposure, programs such as Health appraisal by rapid techniques and Clinical Research and Audit by Medical students humane eulogise the training imparted. Emphasis is on molding a complete physician who will cure the ‘patient’ and not just treat the ‘disease’. In addition, our students are taught to be competent and well-versed in conventional and advanced medical setups.