The administration and management of SSSMCRI totally believes in the principle that in order to produce world class professionals, the students need to be exposed to national / international standards. The Management has promoted research at all levels through significant budget allocation for research and incentives for researchers. It has established good linkage with premier national institutions for research collaborations. Thus, the institution constantly looks out for developing collaboration with the standards of repute. These include
- MoUs with University of Dundee – United Kingdom: The Department of Anatomy signed an MoU with University of Dundee for the Embalming process of the cadavers for betterment of the teaching and research activities.
- Partners Medical International (An associates of Harvard Medical School), Boston, USA: The PMI has been working with the college since 2015 and with the help of the organization, a wide range of innovations have been tried upon in the institution. Some of them include:
- Health Appraisal by Rapid Techniques (HeART): The program has been initiated for the welfare of I MBBS students to enable early community exposure of the students joining the course with a wide range of geographical diversity.
- Clinical Research Audit by Medical Students (CReAMS): This is an initiative to make III semester students get acclimatized with the functioning of the hospital and patient flows. The students are exposed to system-based working, so that they can learn to work in a team.
- CRRI Exit OSCE: In order to assess the professional growth of the interns, including their professionalism attribute, all the CRRIs are made to appear in an OSCE program, one-two month prior to the completion of their internship. Based on the performance in the OSCE, students are reinforced to bridge their shortcomings.
- Sensitization of all the faculty members to the Balanced Scorecard
- Introduction of Skills Curriculum in the MBBS course
- Collaboration with Lion’s Club for conducting outreach medical camps weekly at Guduvancherry since 2014.
- Collaboration with CIDRF at Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth for the promotion of research activities
MOU Agreement Signed between SSSMCRI and Agni College of Technology
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) have been signed between our institution Shri Sathya Sai Medical College & Research Institute, Ammapettai a constituent college of Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth, Deemed to be University represented by Dean, Prof. P. F. Kotur and Agni College of Technology, Thalambur, Chennai represented by Dr. S. R. R. Senthil Kumar, Principal. In consideration of this agreement both parties herein above agree to the following terms and conditions.
This agreement shall take effect from the date of signing (20.07.2017) and continue for a period of Three years.
The possibility of cooperation in the following areas for implementation as joint venture includes 1) Joint research and Projects. 2) Dissertation projects for SSSMCRI students at ACT or vice versa. 3) Organising of joint seminars and conferences. 4) Joint publications with written consent of both parties related to collaborative activities of the parties. 5) Institution visits for inplant training. 6) Any collaborative efforts that both may deem fit from time to time.
It is agreed that in view of the benefits, each student of Agni College of Engineering will pay an amount of Rs.1000/- for the inplant training.