Department of Anatomy
The history of Anatomy Department dates back to 2008, started by our beloved Chairman Mr. C. Rajagopalan with a vision to train young aspiring students in medical field to take care of Health care system in and around Kanchipuram district. Presently the department imparts teaching and training programs in human anatomy to MBBS and postgraduates of other departments as well.
The department has a Professor, 2 Associate professors, 2 Assistant professors and 2 Tutors supported by well trained technicians and non teaching staff. Some of the faculties are with additional qualifications like Post-graduation in Orthopedics, Family Health, Diabetology, Hospital Management, Ph. D, and Dentistry. Faculty members have participated and attended various International, National and Regional conferences and several workshops to update their knowledge and skills. Not only in Curricular and also extracurricular activities like, playing Harmonium, Key board, Piano, Yoga and so on. The faculty members of the department have published various papers in International and national journals. With the inception of Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth, the department of Anatomy is approved for PhD programme.
To produce a medical graduates, postgraduates, allied health professionals, nursing with sound basic knowledge of Anatomy.
To develop a well equipped Genetic lab in the department.
Our mission is to help and assist the students in achieving the following objectives:
- To study the gross anatomical features of various structures and organs of the human body.
- To acquire the knowledge of histological features of various tissues and organs of the human body with functional correlation.
- To interpret the observations of the Paraffin section of any tissue or organ stained with Haematoxylin and Eosin.
- To acquire the knowledge of fetal development and interpret the formation of various congenital anomalies.
- To learn the basic principles of Genetics and understand the basics of Genetic disorders.
- To acquire radiological knowledge of human anatomy.
- Knowledge of embalming technique to be acquired.
- Providing assistance in cadaver lab activities
- Apply the basic knowledge of anatomy in the practice of Medical Sciences and develop interest in learning the recent advances in Anatomy.